Richard and Bonnie Gardner's
in HIS care (Sleeping Bag Ministry)
We would like to
on behalf of our Homeless souls.
Our 2012-2013 sleeping bag drive has come to an end. We have achieved our goal of 500 sleeping bags for distribution by the Ottawa relief agencies plus an extra 6 Arctic bags for Ottawa Innercity Ministries' special needs.
Special thanks to our long time supplier and supporter:
History & important items:
- Now in its 11th year (Winter 2012-2013).
- Started by Colleen Fogarty (wife of Kenneth Fogarty, Ottawa mayor 1970-1972) to help the homeless. She recognized the need to keep these unfortunate people warm in the winter - many of them are living on our streets through no fault of their own, due to abuse, loss of income, and/or mental illness.
- Colleen, became ill but wanted the project to continue and grow, so she indirectly approached a Christian men’s group to take over the stewardship of this worthy cause.
- This is Trinity Bible Church of Ottawa’s 4th year participating in the collection and administration of funds along with purchasing the sleeping bags on behalf of “in HIS care”.
- “in HIS care” supplies the sleeping bags to Ottawa area relief agencies who hand them out to the Homeless.
- Sleeping bags are supplied to all of the needy no matter their creed and background as we are all God’s children.
- 100% of your donations goes towards the purchase of the sleeping bags as all administrative and mailing costs are borne by the “in HIS care” committee.