Trinity Bible Church Ottawa
in HIS care (Sleeping Bag Ministry)
Thank you so much for your previous donations towards sleeping bags for our homeless people. Another winter is on the horizon. During these stressful economic times, we have more people experiencing homelessness. Whole families have joined the growing population who rely on the relief agencies for nightly accommodations or live on our streets. Remember that most of them are there due to no fault of their own due to job loss, addiction, and mental issues.
Sleeping bags supplied by “in HIS care” are handed out by the volunteers at the relief agencies of; the Ottawa Mission, Operation Come Home, Shepherds of Good Hope, The Salvation Army, and Ottawa Innercity Ministries. They are a major component in providing warmth in the cold of winter. We cannot thank these agencies enough for the kindness and compassion they provide.
This 2013-2014 drive will mark the twelfth year that this continued lifesaving service is provided. “in HIS care” provides sleeping bags to all of the needy no matter their creed and background as we are all God’s children.
We hope that you find the compassion to help out once again by donating to this worthy cause. If you attend Trinity Bible Church, envelopes are provided at the church for you to enclose your donation and hand it in via the collection trays during service. Since the sleeping bags are required by the start of winter Trinity has purchased them on faith in the hope that the incoming donations will match the cost. Tax receipts will be provided to you for donations of $20 and over as long as you fill in the form with your name, address and amount of donation. Forms are also available at the Church.
For others who would like to provide a donation, please email Ryan Dekker at or Walter Picavet at
Thank you for your consideration of our request.
in HIS care
“It is more blessed to give than to receive”
Special thanks to our long time supplier and supporter:
History & important items:
- Now in its 12th year (Winter 2013-2014).
- Started by Colleen Fogarty (wife of Kenneth Fogarty, Ottawa mayor 1970-1972) to help the homeless. She recognized the need to keep these unfortunate people warm in the winter - many of them are living on our streets through no fault of their own, due to abuse, loss of income, and/or mental illness.
- Colleen, became ill but wanted the project to continue and grow, so she indirectly approached a Christian men’s group to take over the stewardship of this worthy cause.
- This is Trinity Bible Church of Ottawa’s 5th year participating in the collection and administration of funds along with purchasing the sleeping bags on behalf of “in HIS care”.
- “in HIS care” supplies the sleeping bags to Ottawa area relief agencies who hand them out to the Homeless.
- Sleeping bags are supplied to all of the needy no matter their creed and background as we are all God’s children.
- 100% of your donations goes towards the purchase of the sleeping bags as all administrative and mailing costs are borne by the “in HIS care” committee.